The Health Center provides (by appointment) basic level medical care for acute minor illness or injury and the following services, fees required where indicated:
- PPD tuberculin testing - fee
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Weight monitoring
- Loan of medical equipment; crutches or wheelchairs
- West Virginia Family Planning Services
- Testing and treatment of some sexually transmitted diseases
- Community referrals for more extensive medical needs
- Sexual assault counseling and referral
- Throat cultures for strep infections
- Emergency contraception - Plan B (morning-after pill)
- Self care center
Flu Shot (fee)
- Pregnancy Tests
Cost of Services
Services at the Health Center are included in your
registration fees. Students are responsible for costs
incurred outside of the Health Center including lab work,
x-rays and prescriptions. Fees are charged for flu
vaccination and Tb testing.
Individual insurance is not required to attend Shepherd University; however health insurance is strongly recommended.
The Health Center does not bill insurance, but students are encouraged to have a copy of their insurance card on file at the Health Center.
The Health Center does not offer student health insurance, but has information available in our facility.