Immunization against meningococcal (bacterial) meningitis is required of all incoming students that will be living in the residence halls for the 1st time. The vaccine is available through most county health departments in West Virginia and elsewhere. Fee/s depend on local policy.
- Proof of a negative TB test (or normal chest x-ray) within one (1) year
- Tetanus vaccine within five to ten (5-10) years
- Polio Vaccine - 4 doses
- DTAP - 5 doses
- Proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella documented by one of these:
- Two (2) doses of vaccine (2nd at age 5 or older)
- OR positive results from a rubella titre (blood test)
- OR date of having had the illness, with medical verification
- Copy of your other childhood immunizations, if available
I DON'T HAVE A FAMILY DOCTOR AND I'VE LOST MY SHOT RECORDS, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Your high school may have a record of your immunizations; contact them directly through the admissions office and have them sent to you. If you cannot locate your immunization record please call the Health Center for information.