Connect With Student Affairs

Student Health

Gardiner Hall

Phone: 304.876.5161

Student Health Center

Signs and Symptoms of the Flu

What To Do If You Get Sick

According to the CDC:

Most people with the flu have mild illness and do not need medical care or antiviral drugs. If you get sick with flu symptoms, in most cases, you should stay home and avoid contact with other people except to get medical care.

If, however, you have symptoms of flu and are very sick or worried about your illness, contact your health care provider (doctor, physician’s assistant, etc.).

 Health care providers will determine whether influenza testing and possible treatment are needed. Your doctor may prescribe antiviral drugs that can treat the flu. These drugs work better for treatment the sooner they are started.

Contact your professors and use the self-certification of illness on the Health Center’s website.


When the Health Center is closed, please utilize the local Urgent Care or hospitals listed under resources.

During Summer hours, no provider is available for appointments.

Flu Season

The Health Center is complaint with HIPAA and FERPA regulations and practices strict confidentiality at all times.