Orientation Step II: New Student Welcome
Step II is an important component in the transition to becoming a Shepherd RAM! Knowing what resources are available to you and how to access them will be critical to your success. At Shepherd your participation in Orientation Step II: New Student Welcome is essential to learning about these resources. Orientation Step II has different components thatn Step I and will assist ALL students new to Shepherd in making a smooth transition to the community.
All new students are also invited to campus on Saturday, August, 22
for optional activities and programs.
College isn't east, but it can be as transforming and life-changing as you allow it to be. Many exciting possibilities are awaiting you! We hope you will take advantage of all that is offered.
Who is required to attend Orientation?
- All new, transfer, and readmitted students are required to attend Friday, August 21 (attendance will be taken at each session)
Where do I park?
- West Campus, H-Lot; East Campus, A-Lot
What should I bring?
- Rambler ID
- Comfortable shoes (you’ll be walking!)
- Do not bring family or friends; this program is for new students only
Are meals included?
- Yes, we will provide lunch, dinner AND light refreshments!
How long should I plan to stay?
- Orientation Step II: New Student Welcome is a full day event; plan to be on campus 8:00 am through 5:30 pm
Are there any events happening in the evening?
- Yes, evening events are planned; but they are optional.
If you have any questions regarding on-campus housing, contact the Residence Life Office at 304.876.5172. If you need accommodations, please call the Office of Disability Support at 304.876.5689.
If you have any questions regarding the Orientation activities planned for August, please contact the Office of New Student Programs at 304.876.5453.
We look forward to welcoming you to your new home at Shepherd University.