The Schedule of Classes for each semester has information about advisement and registration procedures and dates for currently enrolled (continuing) students and others. Effective Summer 2012, we are going green! So look for the Schedule of Classes online. The "Class Search" function with RAIL also provides a fast, dynamic, up-to-the-second means of searching and finding available courses.
Decide which of the categories below best describes you and then read pp. 2-5 of the Schedule of Classes to find the procedures you need to follow to register.
- Currently Enrolled Degree-Seeking Graduate or Undergraduate Students
- Currently Enrolled Non-Degree-Seeking Students
- New Degree-Seeking Readmitted Students
- Non-Degree-Seeking Students
- New Degree-Seeking Freshmen, Transfer or Readmitted
- New Transfer Students
- Students over 65
Registration Dates and Times
RAIL will be available for currently enrolled degree-seeking students during the time period detailed in the Schedule, during all hours except 4:00 am to 8:00 am Monday through Saturday, and 11:00 pm Sunday to 8:00 am Monday. Students who register during the two weeks prior to payment due, will not receive a bill in the mail, and must contact the Business Office (304-876-5284) to find out what they owe. Payment must be made by the due date listed in the Schedule. If payment is not made by this date, students' schedules and housing assignments may be cancelled.
Late registration by RAIL is from 8:00 pm on the Friday before classes begin, through 4:00 pm on the Friday of the first week of classes. Late registration in person is conducted from 9:00 am-4:00 pm Monday through Friday of the first week of classes in Ikenberry Hall. Payment is due at the time of registration; no bill will be sent. A late registration fee of $25 will be assessed.
Web Registration Worksheets
The Web Registration Worksheet and the advisor's copy can also be printed from this page in PDF format. Click on the page you need.
- Each semester, currently enrolled degree-seeking students must meet with their advisors and receive a label with a new Alternate PIN. This Alternate PIN validates you for registration (including add/drop) for one semester only. The label will show your date and time for registration.
- A student may register at the time on the label or any time after that within the registration period.
- New degree-seeking students must register in person (though readmitted students have the option to register over RAIL). The Admissions Office will send letters about times.
- Check the online schedule for course sections with seats still available.
- Building codes and names may be found here.
- If you wish to register for a section requiring special permission, the department chair can either set up an electronic override that will allow you to register over RAIL; OR can give you written permission to bring to the Registrar's Office during the first week of classes. If you receive an electronic override, you must still register for the course on RAIL.