Students may choose to take elective courses on a pass/fail basis instead of the regular grading system, in accordance with the following:
- Electives shall be defined as courses not directly required for an individual's degree. Thus, electives allowed within the major field of concentration would be excluded from pass/fail. In the event of change in major fields, the course previously taken for pass/fail applicable to the new major field shall be substituted by approved courses. Required general studies courses also shall be excluded from the pass/fail option. The ultimate responsibility for correct scheduling rests with the student.
- A passing grade in the pass/fail shall be equivalent to the normal passing range of A through D in the conventional system.
- All students are eligible for pass/fail courses with the exception of those currently on academic probation.
- Students shall be limited to 24 hours of pass/fail, with not more than one course to a maximum of 4 credit hours being taken in any one session.
- Students will declare in the Registrar's Office for pass/fail by the end of the week following add/drop. This decision shall be final.