Orientation Step 1: Transfer Students
Transfer students may choose any of the sessions listed below; all sessions are identical. While we will try to accommodate your first choice of sessions, there is limited amount of space available per session therefore, reservations for each of the sessions are taken in the order that they are received. More information will be sent to you on how to complete the reservation process. The decision of which session to choose should be based on family vacation and work schedules. To ensure complete confidentiality of the materials created specifically for you, please bring your ID with you to Orientation.
To ensure complete confidentiality of the materials created specifically for you, please bring your ID with you to Orientation.
Orientation Step 1: A&R is designed specifically to help you make a smooth transition from a previous college or university, or as you return to Shepherd.
|Session II: July 20, 2018 (Transfer Students)||Student Schedule|
|Session II: July 20, 2018 (First Year Students)||Student Schedule|
Please make arrangements with family and work obligations in order to be on campus the entire day as this session is typically a full day program.
What to Bring:
What is included:
|Photo ID||Sessions with faculty advisors to plan your schedule|
|Pencil/Pen and Paper||Campus Tour (optional)|
|Cell Phone||All materials specific to each student|
|Jackets or Sweaters (meeting rooms may be cold)||Registration for classes and leaving with your class schedule|
|Comfortablealk walking shoes||A transcript evaluation|
|Health Forms (if needed/if completed)||Answers to your questions!|
- Transfer students who were enrolled in coursework for the Spring 2018 semester or quarter at your previous institution should request that an official transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions at Shepherd University as soon as possible.
- If you have not yet submitted official transcripts from all previous institutions, please do so as soon as possible for an accurate evaluation of your coursework.
- If your official transcript does not reflect your Spring2018 coursework, please bring unofficial copies to review with your academic advisor.
Note that part of the registration process includes a transcript evaluation.
How long will Orientation Step I: A&R last?
- To ensure you are able to complete the entire program, plan to be on campus until 4 p.m.
- It takes time to be advised and to register for classes and times will vary depending on your major.