On August 25, 2017 Orientation Step 2 will be an important component in the transition to becoming a Shepherd RAM! Knowing what resources are available to you and how to access them will be critical to your success. At Shepherd your participation in Orientation Step 2: New Student Welcome and Convocation is essential to learning about these resources. Orientation Step 2 has different components than Step 1 and will assist ALL students new to Shepherd in making a smooth transition to the community.
College isn’t easy, but it can be as transforming and life-changing as you allow it to be. Many exciting possibilities are awaiting you! We hope you will take advantage of all that is offered.
Who is required to attend Orientation Step 2?
- All new, transfer, and readmitted students are required to attend on Orientation Step 2: New Student Welcome and Convocation (attendance will be taken at each session)
Are there any events happening in the evening?
- Yes, evening events are planned; but they are optional.
Where do I park?
- West Campus, H-Lot
What should I bring?
- Rambler ID
- Comfortable shoes (you’ll be walking!)
- Do not bring family or friends; this program is for new students only
Are meals included?
- Yes, we will provide lunch!
How long should I plan to stay?
- Orientation Step II: New Student Welcome is a full day event; plan to be on campus 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
If you have any questions regarding on-campus housing, contact the Residence Life Office at 304-876-5172.
If you need accommodations, please call the Office of Disability Support at 304-876-5689.
If you have any questions regarding the Orientation activities planned for August, please contact the Office of New Student Programs at 304.876.5453.