Transfer students must come to the Orientation session listed below. More information will be sent to you on how to complete the reservation process. To ensure complete confidentiality of the materials created specifically for you, please bring your ID with you to Orientation.
To ensure complete confidentiality of the materials created specifically for you, please bring your ID with you to Orientation.
|Session III: August 24, 2017||Student Schedule|
Orientation Step 1: A&R is designed specifically to help you make a smooth transition from a previous college or university, or as you return to Shepherd.
- Your day will include:
- A transcript evaluation
- A meeting with an academic advisor to plan your schedule
- Register for classes
Please make arrangements with family and work obligations in order to be on campus the entire day as this session is typically a full day program.
What to Bring:
- Photo ID
- Pencils and paper
- Cell phone
- Jackets or sweaters (meeting rooms may be cold)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Health Forms (if completed)
- Transfer students who were enrolled in coursework for the Fall 2016 semester or quarter at your previous institution should request that an official transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions at Shepherd University as soon as possible.
- If you have not yet submitted official transcripts from all previous institutions, please do so as soon as possible for an accurate evaluation of your coursework.
- If your official transcript does not reflect your Fall 2016 coursework, please bring unofficial copies to review with your academic advisor.
Note that part of the registration process includes a transcript evaluation.
What NOT to Bring:
- Outside friends
- Alcohol or drugs
How long will Orientation Step I: A&R last?
- To ensure you are able to complete the entire program, plan to be on campus until 4 p.m.
- It takes time to be advised and to register for classes and times will vary depending on your major.
What is included:
- For students:
- Sessions with faculty advisors
- Campus tours
- All materials specific to each student