Order of Omega at Miami University is a leadership honor society that strives to recognize outstanding members of the Greek community who represent the four pillars of Order of Omega; which are character, leadership, scholarship, and service. Our purpose is to recognize exceptional members of the Greek community and to form relationships within these individuals. Furthermore, the organization aims to form a network of current members, faculty, and alumni to continue the betterment of the Greek community, the University, and the community as a whole, and to inspire others to attain similar levels of achievement. Members are selected from the top 3% of Greeks at each institution. Order of Omega now has over 500 chapters in the United States and Canada, and over 200,000 members!
The purpose of Order of Omega is:
- To recognize those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in their interfraternity activities, encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment;
- To bring together outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs.
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution’s fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness;
- To help create an atmosphere where ideals and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
- The qualifications for membership in Order of Omega shall be character, scholarship, service and leadership
- One full academic year of residence at the institutions where you were selected
- Junior or Senior undergraduate standing
- Rank academically above the all Greek average
- Be in good standing with the initiates fraternal organization
President: Helen Zumbach (Delta Zeta)
Vice President: Chase Roberts (Lambda Chi Alpha)
Secretary: Ellen Buchanan (Delta Zeta)
Treasurer: Sam Brown (Tau Kappa Epsilon)