ISSUED: 4 May 2016
MEDIA CONTACT: Valerie Owens
SHEPHERDSTOWN, WV — Shepherd Ram fans can now purchase university apparel in stores throughout the region. Jack Shaw, assistant vice president of auxiliary enterprises, said so far 13 stores have asked to carry the merchandise, which includes t-shirts, hoodies, windbreakers, caps, socks, and tumblers.
“It’s a really nice assortment of products that will be interesting to kids and adults,” Shaw said.
Shaw has been working with Ohiopyle Prints, a Pennsylvania company that produces custom apparel and other souvenirs under the name My Hometown Originals. Shaw said having the merchandise available in stores around the region will give alumni and fans who are unable to come to campus the opportunity to purchase Shepherd items.
“The Shepherd University fan base is deep and wide and very active and supportive of the university,” Shaw said. “If you live in Hagerstown, Maryland, Winchester and Leesburg in Virginia, and certainly in West Virginia, Shepherd University is your school and the Shepherd Rams are your team. Having our alumni and fans see our apparel really defines us as the region’s university and as the team of choice whether you’re a basketball, baseball, or football fan.”
Merchandise is available or soon will be available at the following locations:
- Martin’s Food Market, 901 Foxcroft Ave., Martinsburg
- Rite Aid, 26 Maddex Square, Shepherdstown
- Weis, 217 Oak Lee Dr., Ranson
- Weis, 1102 North Queen St., Martinsburg
- Food Lion, 1317 Old Courthouse Square, Martinsburg
- Food Lion, 85 Maddex Square Dr., Shepherdstown
- Rite Aid, 507 Amherst Ave., Winchester, Virginia
- Giant Foods, 61 Catocin Circle NE, Leesburg, Virginia
- Food Lion, 159 Grocery Ave., Winchester, Virginia
- Food Lion, 17718 Virginia Ave., Hagerstown, Maryland
- Rite Aid, 1000 Key Parkway, Frederick, Maryland
- Martin’s Food Market, 18726 N. Pointe Dr., Hagerstown, Maryland
- Weis, 31 Eastern Blvd. N., Hagerstown, Maryland
Listen to the interview HERE.
— 30 —