ISSUED: 20 April 2017
MEDIA CONTACT: Valerie Owens
SHEPHERDSTOWN, WV — The third annual Shepherd University International Guitar Festival, which runs April 28-May 1, will offer several opportunities for the public to attend concerts and observe master classes. The festival, sponsored by Doc’s Tea, will feature Grammy Award-winner David Russell, Cuban guitarist and composer Eduardo Martín, classical guitarist William Feasley, and guitar luthier Randy Angella.
Guitar festival events open to the public include:
- Friday, April 28, 8 p.m.—William Feasley, award-winning solo artist and international performer; Shepherdstown Presbyterian Church, 100 W. Washington St.; admission by donation.
- Saturday, April 29, 8 p.m.—Martín & Martín Duo, internationally recognized Cuban guitarist Eduardo Martín and his daughter Galy Martín; St. Agnes Catholic Church, 106 S. Duke St.; admission by donation.
- Sunday, April 30, 8 p.m.—David Russell, Grammy Award-winning Scottish guitarist; Shepherd’s Marinoff Theater; general admission is $20, and $15 for seniors and students under age 18.
- Monday, May 1, 1:30 p.m.—Festival Participants’ Showcase; Shepherd’s Frank Center W. H. Shipley Recital Hall; admission by donation.
The public can also observe the following master classes at the Frank Center for free:
- Saturday, April 29, 11:30 a.m. –1 p.m.—Master class with guitarist/composer Eduardo Martín, who will talk about his compositions and their relation to the folk music, guitar traditions, and special techniques of his native Cuba.
- Sunday, April 30, 10 a.m.–noon—Master class with Eduardo Martín.
- Monday, May 1, 10 a.m.-noon—Master Class with David Russell.
For more information, visit http://www.shepherd.edu/music/shepherd-international-guitar-festival-2017.
— 30 —