September 16, 1998
The Women's Caucus brochure is in its final draft. It was consensus that this brochure would be updated each year so that Caucus activities could be listed. Timeline for distribution is late October.
1. Alice Germond, member of the Democratic National Committee, was guest speaker in the PSCI 331 class, Race, Gender and Politics. She spoke on the "Role of Women in Electoral Politics." Ms. Germond was influential in Geraldine Ferraro's place on the Democratic ticket for Vice-President of the US in 1984.
2. On Thursday, September 24th, Mary Clare Eros will be speaking to the PSCI 331 class on the "Role of Women in Non-electoral Politics." Ms. Eros is a past president of the West Virgina Women's Commission and practices law in Berkeley County. THIS CLASS PRESENTATION IS OPEN TO EVERYONE. CLASS TIME: 12:25 IN WHITE HALL 333.
1. Joy Phillips, Director of Women's Health Services, was guest speaker for approximately 80 Shepherd College students on the topic, "Contraception through the Ages." Mrs. Phillips is available to any student organization to present programs on health issues.
2. On September 20, there will be a staff in-service training session for residence assistants dealing with sexual harassment. Karen Cartlidge, trainer with the National Conservation Training Center on Shepherd Grade in Shepherdstown.
1. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Mrs. Joy Phillips will have an educaitonal display available at the October meeting of the Women's Caucus.
2. Plans are being formulated to co-sponsor a forum dealing with student issues on campus. We'd like to include women's issues in this event. Organizations are being contacted and details should be complete by the next Caucus meeting.
THE OCTOBER MEETING WILL BE A CAMPUS-WIDE EVENT FOR ALL STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF TO MEET MARIE CARTER, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR ADMINISTRATIVE AFFAIRS. A QUESTION/ANSWER IS ON THE AGENDA.
DATE: Monday, October 12, 1998
TIME: Noon-1:30 p.m.
PLACE: Cumberland Room, College Center
| Main Page |