Note: make sure you download Adobe XI (11.0.02) of Adobe Reader to fill in the form: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
General Application Procedures
Please follow the steps listed below in completing this application form:
- The application is required of all degree-seeking students, regardless of whether you are interested in part-time or full-time studies.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40 is required of all applicants, except for those parties listed in #3. A check or money order, payable to Shepherd University, should be sent with this application form to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Application fees are waived for current Shepherd students, alumni, and employees.
- Please read the statement which relates to the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
For licensed teachers:
- Copy of your current teaching license
For non-teaching educational professionals/non-licensed teachers:
- Three letters of reference from individuals who can speak to your work in an educational setting
- A letter of intent that describes your proposed discipline-specific content Strand area and how you envision using the degree of Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction and your content Strand area to enhance your personal and career goals.
A 2.75 GPA in all undergraduate coursework
Multi-Categorical Special Education Concentration:
Special requirements: Students taking the five courses to receive the special education endorsement will be required to have already received the initial licensure in either elementary education or secondary education in one of five content areas (English, math, social studies, science, or biology).
Please provide documentation of Teacher Certification with your application if required.