Please do the following steps to set up your Macintosh system to use the Shepherd Wi-Fi network:
- Go to the Airport icon and pull to Open Network Preferences.
- You will see the below screen. If the Airport is turned off, select Turn Airport On. Check the box next to Ask to join new networks, then click on the Advanced button.
- Select the 802.1X tab. Next select registration from the pull-down menu of the Wireless Network box. Verify that PEAP is checked under Authentication.
Uncheck all others.
- Select the Airport tab. Click on the +.
- Click on the Show Networks button.
- Click on registration or SUWireless, depending on which network you are setting up. Select WPA: registration or WPA: SUWireless from the drop-down menu next to 802.1X. If setting up the registration network, enter your Shepherd username and password. For both networks, check the box next to Remember this network then click on Add.
- Check the boxes next to Remember any network this computer has joined and Disconnect from wireless networks when logging out.
- Select registration from the Network Name drop-down menu. Next click on the Apply button.
- If the keychain message displays, select Always Allow.
- Click on Continue.
- If setting up the registration network, enter your Shepherd username and password,
then click OK.
- You are connected to the wireless network once the status shows Authenticated.
This may take a minute.
When you want to connect again later, click on the AirPort icon in the menu bar and select registration from the list.
You will not have to redo the Network Preferences.
The first time you access the internet after configuring your laptop for wireless, the Shepherd University Network Security page will display. If the Shepherd University Network Security page does display, type in registration.shepherd.edu/registration in the address bar. Read the page and follow the directions. Once you have followed the directions on that page, you will be able to access the internet.
If you experience any issues with these instructions, please contact the User Support Desk at (304) 876-5457 or firstname.lastname@example.org.