(...me that book, please!)
Scarborough Library's FETCH! is a book pull service that allows you to place hold requests on available items in our collection.
A staff member will locate the requested items and place them on the hold shelf for you. You can now enjoy the convenience of placing item requests from your residence hall, home, or anywhere. All you have to do is simply pick them up at the Public Services desk using your Rambler card. You will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of your request.
Requests are processed daily on the following schedule:
- Monday - Thursday: 9am, 12pm, 3pm, and 7pm
- Friday: 9am and 2:30pm
- Saturday: 11am and 2:30pm
- Sunday: 3pm and 7pm
Turnaround time is approximately three hours. Please wait until you are notified via e-mail to pick up your items.
To request an item:
- Log onto your account by clicking Login in Max Online Library Catalog.
- After finding the item you wish to request, click on Request at the top of the page in the item's record.
- Select FETCH! from the drop-down menu and click OK.
- Enter your student ID and click OK.
- If submitted properly, you will be prompted with a message saying, "Your Patron Initiated Request Was Successful".
To Cancel a Request:
- Log onto your account by clicking My Account in Max Online Library Catalog.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find "Requests Pending" section.
- Check the one(s) you want to cancel and click on "Cancel Request".
- The status of the item will show up as "Canceled …".
- Patrons are limited to five requests per day.
- Unclaimed items will be held for three days before being returned to the collection.
- Requests can be placed only on available, circulating collections.