Faxing, Microfilm, Photocopying and Printing
Fax services are available to all library patrons, but are subject to availability of staff and demands on the machine for Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services. The machine will be operated only by Library staff members. Patrons expecting replies via Fax must either wait for them or pick up within a reasonable period.
To help defray the costs of the machine, maintenance, supplies, and any telephone charges, the Library will charge a reasonable per-page fee. The price will be the same for every patron.
- For all North American transmissions, irrespective of telephone charges: $1.00 per-page, including cover sheets.
- For any documents recieved (except ILL): $1.00 per-page.
- For all overseas transmissions, $3.00 per-page.
Microform reader/printers are located on the main floor. Copies from microfilm and microfiche are .15/pg.
Photocopiers are located on the main floor of the library. One copier produces only black and white copies at a charge of .15/pg. The second copier produces both color (.25/pg) and black and white (.15/pg) copies. Patrons have the option of either emailing a document to themselves at no charge or copying a document to a USB drive at no charge. The machines must be operated using a Rambler card. Visitor Rambler cards may be purchased at the Public Services Desk for $1.00. Money for copies may also be added to the card at the Public Services Desk.
- All computers on the main floor as well as those on the 3rd floor print to the printers outside room 256 on the main floor. Black and white copies are .15/pg and color copies are .25/pg.
- Library laptops print to the printers outside room 256.
- Library minis cannot print to the library printers. Jobs should be saved to a personal USB flash drive. Personal laptops cannot print to library printers.
Rambler or Visitor cards must be used to retrieve print jobs. Money can be deposited to the Rambler or Visitor card at the Public Services Desk. Visitor Rambler cards are available for purchase ($1.00) at the Public Services desk.
Print jobs are held in the printer for 20 minutes after the job is sent to the printer or until the patron pays for the job – whichever comes first.