Scarborough Library offers a variety of meeting spaces, including 4 conference rooms, an instruction lab, an educational technology room, and a classroom. Below you’ll find descriptions of our rooms, as well as room reservation policies and procedures.
If you have any questions about reserving a room, contact:
Public Services Manager
Library Room 203
Room Reservation Policies
- Rooms may be checked out at the Public Services desk with your Rambler or library card.
- Rooms are checked out for a standard duration of two hours. If your scheduled reservation is longer than the standard two hour check-out, please ask the desk attendant to modify the time due to match your reservation time. If this is not done, you will need to renew the room every two hours.
- Rooms will be held for 15 minutes after the scheduled start time, after which the reservation will be canceled and the room given to the next customer.
- If the room is left vacant for any period of time, the reservation will be cancelled and the room given to the next customer.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify Theresa Smith ASAP (email or (304)876-5217).
- Any food or drink must be properly disposed of and the room tidied upon leaving.
How to Reserve a Room
Please read the room descriptions below and choose the room suitable for your needs.
For Conference Rooms 243, 308, and 343 only, patrons can place a reservation online through the campus’ Virtual Event Management System (VEMS).
For all library rooms patrons can place a reservation by contacting Theresa Smith by email or (304)876-5217. Please include the following information:
- Phone Number
- Email address
- Purpose of the room use
- How many people will attend
- Date of reservation
- Beginning and ending times of reservation
Any audio visual needs or computer/equipment set-up requirements must be arranged in advance through the Media Services Department (304)876-5461.
Conference Room 243
Conference Room 243 is equipped with a whiteboard. Data ports and WiFi are available for laptop/iPad use. Projectors are available for check out at the Public Services desk. A phone is available for conference calls upon request.
Conference Room 308
Conference Room 308 is equipped with a whiteboard and LCD Monitor. Data ports and WiFi are available for laptop/iPad use. Projectors are available for check out at the Public Services desk.
WV Conference Room 309
WV Conference Room is reserved mainly for university departmental, committee, and staff meetings. A phone is available for conference calls.
Conference Room 343
Conference Room 343 is equipped with a whiteboard. Data ports and WiFi are available for laptop/iPad use. Projectors are available for check out at the Public Services desk. A phone is available for conference calls upon request.
Classroom 256 may be reserved for semester-long classes and is equipped with three whiteboards, a Smart Board, a podium with laptop, a built-in projector and screen.
Instructors – when reserving Classroom 256 please include the following information:
- Course name, number, and section
- Instructor’s name
- Beginning and ending date of the course
- Beginning and ending time of the class
- Days of the week the course is taught
EduTech Room 350
The EduTech Room is available Monday through Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- 2-Hour time limit
- User accepts full responsibility for all equipment available in the room and must sign a liability agreement to this effect
- All equipment is ‘self-service’. Appointments for instruction must be made in advance through Richard Lanham (email@example.com, (304)876-5457)
- Equipment may not leave the room
- All food and drink is strictly prohibited in the room
- For immediate technical assistance, contact
- Richard Lanham (304)876-5457
- Laura Renninger (304)876-5461
Library Instruction Lab Room 307
Instruction Lab 307 is equipped with 24 Dell laptops, a projector, and a podium with laptop. The room may be reserved by faculty and staff for training or testing purposes. Instructors are asked to limit class usage to six sessions per semester. When not reserved, 307 is open as a computer lab for general student use. Please see Library Instruction Lab Use Policy for further information on reserving the lab.