To Our Current Students and Alumni -- We Can Help!
The Office of Career Services offers a variety of career-related services to Shepherd students and alumni. All services are free.
It is very normal for students to explore options and change their minds regarding their major or career choice. Staff at the Office of Career Services offer various assessments that are helpful tools in matching a student’s interest to a career field or major of study.
After gaining experience, it is important for students to think about life after graduation. The Director of Career Services and the Graduate Assistant help students with developing the skills necessary for their job search and graduate school search. This includes:
- Developing a professional resume and cover letter, interviewing skills, dress for success, and the graduate school search and application process.
- Our web-based toolkit has a lot of information that can help students prior to making appointments.
- For graduate school this involves identifying appropriate schools and programs, understanding the application process, requesting letters of reference and creating an effective application essay or statement of purpose.
- The graduate school process should begin during the students’ junior year.
- College Central Network College Central Network (CCN) is a free online job site where students and alumni can search for part-time, full-time, seasonal employment and internship opportunities. Students interested in student employment opportunities on campus will find campus jobs posted at CCN. Register with CCN at www.collegecentral.com/shepherd