Information for Employers
Shepherd University’s Career Services office is a comprehensive career planning and employment center for students and alumni of all majors and classifications. We provide resources to assist students and alumni with their career development and job preparation. Whether you are looking for candidates for full-time, part-time, interns, or co-op positions, Shepherd University can meet your needs.
Many opportunities exist on campus for your involvement. From participation in on-campus recruiting events and classroom presentations to advertising in the college newspapers and website promotions, you can create a buzz about your organization on campus by being visible.
Ways of getting involved with Shepherd:
- Participate in campus career fairs.
- Post jobs via College Central
- Hold an informational session for students about your company/organization to increase student awareness
- Conduct on-campus interviews to generate an applicant pool for current openings.
- Recruitment Tables
- Collaborate in the classroom
- Join our Mentoring Network Participate in career panels
Helpful Information for Employers :
Best Practices for Employers
Career Services at the Shepherd University are members of the National Association of Colleges and Employers and as such we encourage you to consider the "Best Practices for Employers" when recruiting students:
Principles for Professional Practice: http://www.naceweb.org/principles/
Career Services developed an online Mentoring Network to provide students the opportunity to connect with professionals in their chosen field of study. Mentors are a great resource for individuals investigating career options. Mentors can:
- Allow students to shadow you on the job to see if it is something you'd like to do someday.
- Answer questions about the profession or industry during an informational interview.
- Conduct mock interviews.
- Critique their cover letter or resume.
- Help them find resources within a geographic area or industry.
- Help them learn the importance of networking with professionals.
- Alumnae/i and friends of Shepherd are volunteering to serve as mentors to current and former students of the school.
If you are interested in being part of this valuable resource, contact the Office of Career Services at 304.876.5122 or firstname.lastname@example.org