Configuring the Macintosh OS pre-10.5
If your Macintosh is wireless-capable and you wish to use
the Shepherd University wireless network, here's what you need to do:
1. Turn on your wireless connection by going to the AirPort icon in your menu bar,
clicking on it and pulling to Turn AirPort on.
2. Go back to the AirPort icon in the menu bar and pull to Open Internet Connect.
3. Click on the File menu and pull to New 802.1X Connection....
4. In Internet Connect, you need to click on the 802.1x icon, then click on the
drop-menu next to Configuration and select Edit Configurations.
5. In the Configurations window that opens, do this:
Enter SU PEAP where it says Description.
Make sure the Network Port says AirPort.
Enter your email username(the part before the @ sign) for User Name.
Enter your email password for Password.
Select registration or SUwireless, depending on which network you
are setting up, for Wireless Network.
Deselect all except for PEAP in the field Authentication.
Click on the OK button and save the configuration when asked.
6. Back in the Internet Connect 802.1x window, select SU PEAP from the
configurations and click on the Connect button.
You are now on the wireless network.
To connect again at another time, click on the AirPort icon in the menu bar and
select registration from the list.
You will not have to redo the Internet Connection configuration again.
If you get a message box that pops up telling you that the certificates you are using
have expired, click on the OK box.
The first time you access the internet after configuring your laptop for wireless,
you will get the Shepherd University Network Security page. If you do not, type
registration.shepherd.edu/registration into the address line of your web brower.
Read the page and follow the directions. Once you have followed the directions on that page
you will be able to access the internet.
If you have any problems with this guide, please contact the User Support Desk at
(304) 876-5457 or firstname.lastname@example.org.