Configuring Macintosh OS X 10.5 Wireless
1. Go to the Airport icon and pull to Open Network Preferences.
2. You will see the below screen. If the Airport is turned off, select Turn Airport On. Check
the box next to Ask to join new networks, then click on the Advanced button.
3. Select the 802.1X tab. Next select registration from the pull-down menu of the
Wireless Network box. Verify that PEAP is checked under Authentication.
Uncheck all others.
4. Select the Airport tab. Click on the +.
5.Click on the Show Networks button.
6. Click on registration or SUwireless, depending on which network you are setting
up. Select WPA: registration or WPA: SUwireless from the drop-down menu next to
802.1X. Enter your Shepherd username and password. Check the box next to Remember this
network then click on Add.
7. Check the boxes next to Remember any network this computer has joined and
Disconnect from wireless networks when logging out. Click OK.
8. Select registration or SUwireless, depending on which network you are setting
up, from the Network Name drop-down menu. Next click on the Apply button.
9. If the keychain message displays, select Always Allow.
10. Click on Continue.
11. Enter your Shepherd username and password, then click OK.
12. You are connected to the wireless network once the status shows Authenticated.
This may take a minute.
When you want to connect again later, click on the AirPort icon in the menu bar
and select registration from the list.
You will not have to redo the Network Preferences.>
The first time you access the internet after configuring your laptop for wireless,
the Shepherd University Network Security page will display. If the Shepherd University
Network Security page does display, type in registration.shepherd.edu/registration in the
address bar. Read the page and follow the directions. Once you have followed the
directions on that page, you will be able to access the internet.
If you experience any issues with these instructions, please contact the User Support
Desk at (304) 876-5457 or email@example.com.