The Shepherd wireless network available to students, faculty and staff
has two parts. They are called registration and SUWireless.
Registration is found in:
- Butcher Center
- Center for Contemporary Arts (CCA)
- Dining Hall
- Erma Ora Byrd Nursing building
- Ikenberry Hall
- Ruth Scarborough Library
- Student Center
- Stutzman-Slonaker Hall
- Wellness Center
SUWireless is found in:
- Byrd Science Center
- Frank Center
- Knutti Hall
- McMurran Hall
- Reynolds Hall
- Snyder Science
- White Hall
The only buildings without wireless network access are the West Wood residence halls.
University Owned Laptops allow access to the internet and shared disk space (network drives).
- The first time you log onto the laptop, you must be connected to the wired network. Your credentials
cannot be checked by the wireless network if you have not logged on initially to the wired network.
- Laptops must be registered by IT Services. Please do not try to register the laptop yourself.
Doing so will allow internet access only. To determine if the laptop is registered, go to Start,
then All Programs. Verify Click to access your network drive via Wireless is listed under
Wireless. If it is not listed, please contact IT Services at X5457 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for setup and registration.
Note:The first time you access the wireless network, you are required to enter your credentials.
1. The balloon below will appear from the system tray. Click in the balloon.
2. When the Enter Credentials box appears, enter your Shepherd User name and password.
Leave the Logon domain box blank. Click OK.
3. The Wireless Network Connection balloon will display after a brief period. You now have access
to the wireless network and will not have to enter credentials the next time you access it. This message
will appear each time you are within range of a campus wireless "hotspot".
If you need your network drives ("M" and "N"), go to Start then All Programs.
Select Wireless and click on Click to access your network drive.
Back to Top
Student and Employee Owned Laptops must pass strict operating system and antivirus standards. You must
register your computer before you can connect. Personal laptops are allowed access to the internet only.
Visit Bringing your computer to campus to prepare your laptop.
Select the appropriate wireless client instructions below.
Back to Top
If you need more assistance, please contact User Support at x5457 or e-mail