1. Make sure the Ethernet cable is disconnected from the PS2.
2. Boot up using the Network Setup Disk, and select ISP Setup from the main screen.
3. At this point, make sure it says the Network Adapter is found. If not,
it may not be installed correctly, or the PS2 has an issue.
4. A few notices will come up indicated the network is not affiliated with SCEA, etc.
Keep pressing the X button.
5. You'll reach a screen that allows you to create a new ISP. Select NEW
, and have them input a name (UGA, Dorm, etc).
6. After that, it will ask if you are 'Currently subscribing to an ISP.' Choose YES.
7. Next screen, choose
High Speed Connection (Cable or DSL).
8. On the next screen, choose Automatic Settings.
9. After that, it will ask if the ISP requires a User ID and Password. Select No.
10. Then it will ask if the ISP requires them to input a DHCP host. Select No.
11. At this point, the PS2 should begin to test the connection.
DO NOT PLUG THE ETHERNET CABLE IN AT THIS POINT. The connection must fail.
It takes about 30 seconds.
12. After the test fails, press the Select button, and the MAC address
will be displayed.
13. For additional support, visit