Shepherd University is poised to establish the physical space and the collaborative environment that will lead to economic transformation for this region and for the state of West Virginia. Establishing the Center for Regional Innovation will unite and empower the people and ideas of our region for a future of opportunity and growth, including:
- The development of a group decision support center, where the business community can benefit from targeted marketing research conducted by Shepherd University;
- The creation of new analytical tools and the processes to inform and support workplace productivity;
- The cultivation of various perspectives in the humanities, sciences, and environmental studies to address the global impact of climate change on agriculture, health, and quality of life;
- The expansion of new technologies for our service providers and citizens for life enhancement and survival, while inspiring the next generation to seek higher education degrees and advance West Virginia;
- A new environment to incubate novel ideas across all disciplines and bring them into practice—benefiting children, their families, schools, community, businesses, West Virginia, and humanity in general; and
- Innovative use of technology to engage all members of the community including individuals residing in hospitals, rehabilitation and assisted living centers, and correctional facilities.