Why Should I Think About Graduate School?
The purpose of seeking a graduate degree varies from individual to individual, but the most common reasons for seeking a graduate degree are:
1. A junior or senior in college desiring to do advanced work in a subject
2. A profession that requires a specialization such as medicine, law, counseling, or social work
3. A career that requires advanced education
Regardless of the reason why you decide to return to school or continue with your education, you should plan carefully. Attending graduate school is a big investment of time and money; therefore, you should make certain your investment will advance your career in a desired direction.
Career Services office can provide assistance with the planning process – schedule an appointment by calling 304.876.5317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Shepherd’s Graduate School Tutorials here.
Graduate School Directories
Field Specific Guides
- Online Accounting Guide to MBA and Graduate Programs
- Guide to an Advanced Accounting Degree
- Social Work Guide
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Careers in Nursing
- The College Student’s Guide to Pre-Professional Psychology Opportunities
Graduate Resource Guides
- Online Master’s Programs & Degree Options
- Center for Online Education
- An Online Guide to Graduate Schools
- PhD Programs Guide
- Guide to Online Doctoral Degrees
- Online PhD Programs & Doctoral Degrees
- GRE Preparation Course Reviews
- GRE Preparation
- Purdue Owl Statement of Purpose Writing Lab
- Guide to Prestigious Scholarships
- Guide to Graduate School Financial Aid