What is #GivingTuesday?
On Tuesday, November 29, 2016, Shepherd University donors, alumni, students, faculty, staff, and community supporters will help launch a new tradition by banding together and becoming part of a national movement that celebrates generosity called #GivingTuesday.
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. Since its inaugural year in 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy with events throughout the year.
On November 29th, Shepherd University will highlight some of the many areas that make Shepherd special. Be sure to follow us on social media and connect with your favorite school and department.
How can you participate?
- Like, share, and tweet using the hashtags #ShepherdGives and #GivingTuesday.
- Give back: Donate to a school or department at Shepherd University that has impacted your life. Remember to share that you gave and encourage your family and friends to join you in giving back on #GivingTuesday. Text “SUGIVES” to 91999 or click HERE.
- Give time – Volunteer! There are many ways you can donate your time to organizations in our community, like Shepherd University. Text “RAMSDO” to 41444 to register as a volunteer with Shepherd University
- Be #UNSelfie: Share how you are giving back on #GivingTuesday by posting your Shepherd #UNselfie on your social media. You can use our #Unselfie to get started! Click HERE.
- Give part of your paycheck: Faculty and Staff giving through payroll deduction is available at Shepherd University. Click HERE.