Here’s how students get to know us and we get to know them:
- First-Year Composition Classes
- Foreign Language Classes and Activities
- Creative Writing, Literature, and Other Upper-Division Classes
- Affiliated Programs (Appalachian Studies, Journalism, Gender and Women’s Studies)
Voulez-vous voyager au Canada? Would you like to travel to Canada and spend the summer in Quebec while earning college credit? Dr. Krantz is recruiting for her trip to Quebec this summer. Here’s a brochure that provides more information about this summer abroad. Additional questions should be directed to Dr. Krantz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shepherd University’s Stammtisch, a German conversation group for speakers of all levels, will meet on Tuesday, November 27th, at 4:00 p.m. Everyone’s welcome, even beginners. The group will meet at the Blue Moon. Contact Dr. Suárez for more information (email@example.com).
English Capstone presentations start soon! The first group will present on the Monday before Thanksgiving, November 12th, from 4:45 to 6:30 p.m. in Reynolds Hall. The presenters will be
- Paige Conrad: “Propriety and Power in Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice“
- Gabrielle Hess: “Out of Nothing”
- Casey Otto: “Perpetually Inward”
- Gabrielle Hersey: “Requiem for G”
- Jessica Perez: “My Brother, the Hero”
- Robert Carney: “Dark Matters”
The Rude Mechanicals Medieval and Renaissance Players will present William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy As You Like It beginning Friday, November 2nd, at 7:30 p.m. in Reynolds Hall. Other performances will take place Saturday, November 3rd, at 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; Sunday, November 4th, at 3 p.m.; Wednesday, November 7th, and Thursday, November 8th, at 8:30 p.m.; Friday, November 9th, and Saturday, November 10th, at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $8 for the general public; free for Shepherd students, faculty, & staff; and $2 other students and children.
Does the coming winter weather have you already dreaming about beaches and sunshine? Consider joining Dr. Denis Berenschot on the Spanish program’s next study abroad trip to Cuba (May 12th – 29th, 2019). Participants can earn credit for Spanish, History, and/or Social Work, all on the same trip! Anyone interested in the study abroad trip to Cuba should take a look at this brochure and then contact Dr. Berenschot (firstname.lastname@example.org or 240 367-2424).