Information, and Proposals
Officers, Chairs, and
Curriculum and Instruction
Institutional Review Board
Scholarship and Awards
ACF Web Site
Professional Development Opportunities
Create the Future
Each proposal should be no more than three/four pages in length and contain:
- A description of a tangible product such as a manuscript/article presented or submitted for publication, a composition, review, artwork, performance, etc. that fulfills the requirement to present research at an international conference or to conduct research that has been sanctioned abroad.
- A rationale explaining how the project will positively impact the applicant in their professional development.
- A budget that outlines relevant expenses and any other expected funding sources (including the amount).
- Award funding will vary depending on the yearly availability of funding from the "Create the Future" endowment. For 2014-15, $2,640 is available.
- The Professional Development Committee will inform the Vice President for Advancement of the faculty member(s) selected for the award.
- Applicants should provide an electronic version of the proposal to the chair of the Professional Development Committee by January 19, 2015
- Applications shall be reviewed and announced by February 14, 2015
- Funds from this plus other sources cannot exceed the total cost of the activity.
- The recipient of funds awarded under the Create the Future program grant cannot supplement the award from other competitive faculty grants awarded by Shepherd University except for a mini grant award.
- The recipient will provide a one page report to the Chair of the Professional Development Comm. and the VP of Advancement with the results of the activity when completed.
- In the semester following the use of the grant, the recipient will provide a copy of the completed product to the Chair of the Professional Development Comm. and the VP for Advancement.
- The recipient is encouraged to send a personal note to President Shipley and Mr. Wadsworth thanking them for their support.