• Ph.D. May, 1992 University of Maryland at Baltimore School of Social Work
• MSW Dec., 1975 University of Pittsburgh
• B.A. May., 1974 Indiana University of Pennsylvania
• National Association of Social Workers
• Council on Social Work Education
• Bachelor Program Directors Association
• West Virginia Social Work Education Consortium
• Alpha Kappa Delta
• Ph.D. Dissertation — Selected Factors Affecting Utilization of Social Services by Women Clients of Two Domestic Violence Shelters. Aug., 1992. University Microfilms.
<strong>Professional Papers and Presentations:</strong>
• “The Effects of Parental Education Attainment Levels and Academic Achievement: A Longitudinal Study of the Freshman Year”. Presented at the 9th International conference on the Freshman Year Experience. St. Andrews University, Scotland, U.K., July 14, 1996.
• “The Criminal, the Court, and the Community: What Social Scientists can do for Trail Attorneys”. Presented to the West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Conference, Charleston, WV., June 7, 1996.
• “The 1990 West Virginia Teachers Strike: An Application of Smelser’s Value-Added Theory”. Presented to the Popular Culture Conference, Louisville, KY., March 20, 1992.
<strong>Sponsored Research Projects:</strong>
• “Employment for Rural West Virginians with Disabilities” Funded by: US Dept. of Agriculture, Small Business Innovation Research Program; Cooperative State Research Education and Extension Services; Rural and Community Development. Grant # 98-00322. Aug., 1997-Dec., 1998.