Minigrants for Faculty and Staff
The CTL will be accepting mini-grants proposals again after the new fiscal year (July 1, 2013)
The Center for Teaching and Learning awards a limited number of mini-grants to individuals, departments and support units for assessing student learning and curriculum/program development. Minigrants are awarded for up to $1,000.
MINIGRANT Application information:
Please submit your application (below) to the Center for Teaching and Learning (153 Scarborough Library). Proposals undergo a review process by members of the Assessment Task Force. Assessment Task Force members do not have a vote on any proposal within their department or unit.
A one-page summary of the results of the project are due upon completion of the project. Recipients will also be required to share their projects at a "Celebration of Student Learning" session. Many different kinds of activities can be funded, depending on the needs and interests of individual programs. Please see some examples below and make sure to address all questions on the application form (downloadable below).
Some possibilities include:
- Hiring an outside consultant on an assessment-related topic.
- Traveling to an assessment-related conference or event.
- Revising a course or program to meet student learning goals.
- Attending or organizing a workshop or retreat that will advance the unit's student learning goals.
- Administering a special test or survey that will help meet the program's assessment goals.
See our News & Views Newsletter for details regarding mini-grants that have been awarded for the 2012-2013 Academic Year.