Sakai Learning System
Welcome to Shepherd University's newly adopted Learning Management System!
How-to's and instructions for an easy experience in Sakai.
- Importing Content From a Previous Class/Site
- Adding a Tool (Mailtool, Syllabus, etc.)
- Uploading a File into the Resources Tool
- Adding a Syllabus
- Creating a Gradebook Item in the Gradebook
- Add a Website to the Resource Tool
- Turn Your Documents into .PDF format
- Publish Your Sakai Class/Site
- Remove/Hide Older Sakai Class/Sites
Sakai is an open source and license-free system, costs considerably less than other proprietary systems, and offers comparable functionality and use. While we recognize that many faculty members have significant time and effort invested in courses currently managed within WebCT, our analysis indicates that for most faculty members and students, Sakai is the best solution for our current and future needs. For more information on our pilot program read our LMS Pilot Results Executive Report.