During the 2018 Festival, the Contemporary American Theater Festival worked with one of the largest arts marketing firms in the country, Shugoll Research to research, conduct, and analyze an economic impact study. Following the Americans for the Arts methodology, this study included a survey and two focus groups.
- Direct economic impact – $5.86M
- Revenue generated to local government – $350,000
- Revenue generated to state government – $745,000
- Total impact for the state of WV – $1M
- CATF’s direct spending – $1.25M
- Average amount spent per person – $238.17
- Household income paid to residents – $2.6M