Blue Ridge Community Collaborative Teacher Education Program
The purpose of this collaborative program is to establish and maintain a partnership between Shepherd University and Blue Ridge Community and Technical College in order to complete a seamless pathway to teacher certification for students beginning their academic career at BRCTC.
Certification is available in the following areas:
- Elementary Education, B.A.
- Secondary Education, B.A.
- Social Studies (5-Adult)
- General Science (5-Adult)
- Biology (9-Adult)
- Mathematics (5-Adult)
- English (5-Adult)
Students will follow a carefully designed program sequence that supports completion of an Associate of Science in Education degree at BRCTC. Upon completing the Associates degree, eligible students will gain direct admission to Shepherd University’s Teacher Education program.
To be eligible, students must:
- Apply to Shepherd University two semesters prior to transfering from Blue Ridge Community and Technical College (PDF application can be found below)
- Completed all required courses with a grade of “C” or better
- Earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75
- Earned a passing score on all portions of the Praxis™ Core Academic Skills for Educators Exam
- Completed all required field experiences and academic portfolio requirements