Auxiliary Enterprises will develop strategies to retain and expand its customer base.
- Identify growth markets and survey/study to determine potential for revenue generation. (Alumni, community, non-traditional and graduate students, upper classmen, summer camps, campus departments, other).
- Develop, implement, and monitor service delivery benchmarks in all departments.
- Utilize customer databases to effectively target marketing collateral.
- Develop marketing strategies that increase Bookstore, Wellness Center membership, Rambler Card Butcher Center rental revenues program exposure.
Auxiliary Enterprises will improve communication to its customers.
- Who we are, What we do, How we enhance their collegiate experience
- Establish departmental newsletter
- Faculty — Textbooks,
- Faculty Staff presentations
- Establish customer feed back loop
- Focus groups
- Program Evaluations
- All Auxiliary Enterprises departments will have website sites that are updated regularly.
- Develop strategies for daily communication to frontline employees
- Develop process for effectively marketing products and programs to customers via e-mail
Auxiliary Enterprises will create programs and working environments that empower employees and enhance their performance.
- Student employee practices where possible will match student employees to jobs that fit their career aspirations
- Develop quarterly employee newsletter
- Develop orientation packet for all employees
- Will re-establish student employee scholarship for all A.E. student employees
- Increase training and professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition program
- Evaluations will be done bi-annually for all employees including students.
- Comprehensive polices and procedures manuals
- Feed back loops and more input on daily operations
- Improve physical work space
Auxiliary Enterprises will provide collaborative learning opportunities to students, f/s, and the community.
- Develop a comprehensive internship program
- Develop student employee job descriptions with intended learning outcomes and improving employability upon graduation
- dentify/create and/or sponsor campus wide educational programming for students. f/s and community.
Auxiliary Enterprises will use resources effectively and efficiently in support of advancing the University’s mission
- Integrate institutional support into budgeting process
- Create org structure that takes advantage of individual strengths across multiple departments
- Cross train employees across departments where applicable
- Develop process for identifying employee strengths and weaknesses and matching them to job function.
- Assess employee PIQ’s annually.
- Combine Bookstore and Card Office function.
- Conduct periodic external review of all departments.
- Maximize facility usage during off-peak periods
- Expand space rental options for Butcher Center
- Extend life of facilities with comprehensive maintenance and capital improvement plans.
- Develop ands implement process for anticipating and planning facility usage during academic year.
- Develop and employ ROI model to evaluate on business ventures
- Tie budget to strategic plan
- Develop 3 – 5 year capital improvement plan with inflation factor for equipment replacement/repair, facility maintenance.