Carl F. Bell Arboretum gets Started!
9:30 am to midday, Saturday, November 3, 2018, volunteers are welcome to help plant native species. As the arboretum grows, students will learn from the specimens, the campus will be more inviting, and ecosystems will improve.
Visits From and Contacts For Program Representatives
- WVU School of Medicine, Physical Therapy Program, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm, Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2018 in the Ram’s Den
- WV School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Program, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2018 in the Ram’s Den
- Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine Biomedical Graduate Program will have a chatroom at the upcoming BIOMED Virtual Grad School Fair. This is a great chance for students to receive information on our Biomedical Research and Clinical and Translational Science programs. Log on to the Biomed Virtual Grad School Fair on October 17 from 10:00 am—4:00 pm. Register here: https://www.careereco.com/events/biomed?ref=ceh. It is free for students!
- Dr. Jonathan Pellish of NASA will be giving a presentation open to all students to discuss internship and career opportunities at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Monday, October 29 at 3:10 pm.
- WV School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM) will host an open house November 17, 2018. To register, visit http://www.wvsom.edu/Admissions/open-house or contact by email: email@example.com.
Successful Arbor Day, Saturday, April 21, 2018. Thank you Campus Tree Committee, Tri-Beta, and all volunteers who participated.
Scholarships and Fellowships
Please follow the link from this site for a list of scholarships and fellowships established by generous alumni donations.
MCAT Test Dates for 2018 were released. It is recommended that you apply 60 days before the test date. Please visit http://aamc.org/mcat
Tri-Beta holds weekly meetings.
Katz Foundation: The intern will receive a $3,000 stipend and spend 8 weeks (June and July) working in the research laboratory of President Dr. Mary J. C. Hendrix at West Virginia University. Complete application is due February 23. More information is available from Dr. Robert J. Warburton, Dean, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Snyder Hall 224, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOARS (summer research with College of Natural Science and Mathematics faculty): The undergraduate researcher will receive a $4,000 stipend for summer research under guidance of a SOARS mentor. Complete application is due February 23. More information and application forms are available from the CNSM faculty.
WV-INBRE Summer Research Program: The undergraduate researcher will receive a stipend and conduct research from May 29th to July 31st, 2018. Participation is open to all students who are enrolled full-time at the institutions participating in the WV-INBRE network who will have not graduated by August 2018. Priority will be given to students who are considering careers in biomedical research. The application and supporting documents are due in the WV-INBRE office on or before February 9, 2018. For more information and application materials, please visit http://www.wv-inbre.net/summerprogram/2018_Research/