ACADEMICS AND ACADEMIC SUPPORT
At Shepherd, we recognize that getting a college education is not easy. Or goal is to provide a thriving academic environment which your son or daughter will be challenged to his or her best. At the same time, we know that some students need more assistance in rising to this challenge and that's why we have many supports in place so that your son or daughter can be successful. Here are some of the resources that we offer:
- Our most treasured resource is our outstanding faculty. Shepherd's small size means that students can get to know their professors inside and outside the classroom. All professors have office hours during which students can visit for additional assistance or support. Your student should take advantage of these as much as possible.
- Our Academic Support Center offers assistance in time management, study skills, and test-taking among many other services. The staff there can also assist students with getting tutors in specific subject matters. The ASC is located in the basement of the Library.
- The Disability Support Services office helps students who documented disabilities get the accommodations for which they qualify. The DSS Office is located on the second floor of the Student Center.
- If your son or daughter, qualifies for TRIO services, this office can offer additional assistance and support. TRiO offices are located in the basement of the Library.
- The Student Success Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) can also be of assistance in helping students identify what resources they need.